Blogger Backgrounds

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year/Happy Birthday

Happy New Year to everyone! I hope that your holidays were blessed with joy, love and family! Our holiday was wonderful...spent lots of time with our kids and grandkids. We are so blessed to have them all. Now the holidays are over, we are all trying to get back into the "normal" routine...but we had to get together for one more party! My youngest son's birthday was yesterday and we celebrated with a breakfast get together. The card you see above was created just for him! I inked up the Bird Call cuttlebug folder, cut out a section of it with the Inverted Squares Nestabilities and matted it...the die cut across the center of the card was in my Christmas package from my sweet friend Stef...it is one of the Die-namics dies from My Favorite Things. And I have to tell you, the Happy Birthday was created with my Cri-Kits glitter pens and cut out on my cricut using the Make The Cuts software. I had purchased it some time ago, have not really had the time to play with it...HOWEVER, a very good friend and fellow blogger, Penny Duncan, has sparked the fire in me to begin using it! Penny has been so instrumental in this creation! She has some wonderful videos on her web site for us MTC users...I have had those darn gel pens for months and NEVER used them...if it had not been for Penny's tut, they would still be in the box! Thanks Penny so much! Well, our agency is closed today so no work for me...but I AM going to be playing so I hope to be able to be here more often now. Thanks for stopping in and I hope you come by again soon! Have a great day!

HUGS!
Vicki

4 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Vicki. Happy New Year to you. Your card, as always, is so beautiful and I just love the lettering, fantastic and very classy.
Hope you are keeping well. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xxx

Holly Young said...

pretty, pretty! Love how this turned out!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year friend!! Hope you enjoyed the Holidays!! Your card is very pretty with the black and silver!! HUGS

Stef H said...

this is a little different for you, but i'm liking it. soooooo much texture. i love the happy birthday print too!

hugs :)