Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Road is never long!


Today's card is an achievement for me...I have been wanting so bad to try the Shy Bears digi stamps from Squigglefly for some time now. The are such cute images but I was not confident that I could color them. My friend Holly insisted that I had nothing to be afraid of because the designer really did all the work for us with the shading....so I hurried to the store and bought one to try....geesh ok...I bought a FEW to try. Once you see these little buggers you can't just buy one! Anyhoooo...I colored the image with copics and created my sentiment in photoshop. Added a few punched pieces of paper and some ribbon to trim and VOILA...Holly was right, not too hard at all. However, if you notice, on the left hand side of the image, there are a couple of "blobs" of the darker green in the grass...my copic pen DRIPPED!! I have not been using these pens long but have never had one do that to me! I store them on their side so all the ink don't go to one end but for some reason this one had a real problem today. I almost gave up, but tried my best to blend it in...of course it happened as I was almost completely done coloring! But for the first try, I am happy with it and will do more. Don't forget digi day at Squigglefly SNR at 7PM central...8 PM eastern tonight. Hope to see you there. Thanks for stopping by to see me today!

HUGS!
Vicki

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

Vicki, this turned out so cute! Your coloring is jut brilliant! I had a marker do that to me too. I read on the I Like Markers blog that you need to uncap both ends of the marker and let it sit a minute. It's something to do with pressure in the pen. Anyway, I'm glad it didn't mess up your beautiful coloring!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! VICKI!!! This is just precious!! What are you afraid of girl??? This is just brilliant!! Love your coloring!!! Fantastic layout too!! HUGS