Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mother's Day Card

Hello! I know it has been a few days since I have posted...I have been very busy outside the last few days and have also been contemplating my card designing techniques. I have not really been using my cricut at all lately...It is a very expensive machine to just be sitting collecting dust! Then I happened on a web site that totally got my creative juices flowing...Penny Duncan Creations. Penny is a very, very giving and kind person. I struggled with the folding of this cut and she very quickly answered my call for help! If you have a die cutting machine and can cut SVG files, please go pay Penny a visit...her files are awesome and FREE. What a gift Penny has! On my card, I actually used 2 of Penny's files...the cutting line file with all the folds and also the swirly border on the top and bottom of the card. I used one of my EK Success punches to create small scalloped edge on the border and then also matted that green border with a white border that had also been edged with that same punch. I added some pearls around the design and the sentiment in the middle of the card is one of my new sentiment creations that will be in the Stamping Boutique store soon...yes, I have been creating a few new sentiments. Hopefully tomorrow I will post a preview of the new ones in the store. Well, I hope you enjoyed my creation today....AND because I really do not have anyone to give this card to as my Mother passed away a few years ago, I will send this card to the first person that sends me an email requesting it! So if you could use this card, please let me know...I will send an envie with it! Thanks for stopping in to see me and I hope you have a blessed day today. I promise to get back into the swing of things and be by to visit you today!

5 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Vicki. Two beautiful creations. I love the colour you have used and the designs are really outstanding. They really are great. Happy crafting.
Love sandra xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Vicki....What a GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS card!!!! I LOVE all the detail on this card......Thank you so much for letting me see and the link to my blog!!! I hope you have a very blessed day!!!!

Maria Matter said...

Wowza, Vicki, this is gorgeous!!!
beautiful Mom sentiment too!

Penny's site sounds like a great find! I don't have a Cricut but I'll be telling my neighbor about Penny, she just recently bought a cricut! I'm sure she would love some inspiration! Thanks so much Vicki!

Have a beautiful day!
Blessings, Maria

Stef H said...

holy moly! this looks like it took forever to do! it's gorgeous! i'll be visiting penny too!

wow! you come back with a vengence - lol!

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card girl!! Blessings and hugs!!