Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, February 14, 2010

For My Sweetie

Happy Valentine's Day to all! Today's valentine card was for my husband...The idea for the card came from Sue Nelson at Heart Prints. Basically the outside of the card (the white scalloped heart) is the largest size of the Nestabiliites Scalloped Heart dies...the next layer (the pink open heart) was created by folding the paper and cutting the heart from the next size down of the Nestabilities Heart die. Then the inside where the sentiment is was the next size down from that. Makes a small card but it is so darn cute! On the inside of my card I stamped my image....which was from the Lil Cupid Whimsie Doodles rubber stamp set that I had won a few weeks ago. Isn't that penguin just so cute. The sentiment was also part of that stamp set. I colored the image with my copics and then filled in the penguin's belly with liquid applique for some dimension and added some glitter to his wings. The background I chalked with some pink chalk. Turned out cute don't ya think. I could see doing a larger version of this on my cricut but have not had the chance to get that done...but it is an idea. The card base wouldn't always have to be used for Valentine's Day...done up the right way this idea would be perfect for a wedding card! Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day, and I thank you tons for stopping in to see me. I hope to have some free time today to catch up on my visiting!
HUGS,
Vicki

7 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Vicki, this is soo cute. I love how it opens up to reveal the image.

Always with a Sentiment said...

Ahh, how cute Vicki. Its so special. Love it.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Stef H said...

holy moly! this is totally fabulous! it looks sooooo hard! i'll bet "sweetie" loves it!

hugs ♥

Linda said...

This is so cute! I love the way it opens. That is so clever. I love the stamp. He is adorable!

Holly Young said...

Darling card Vicki! Happy Valentines Day!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki,this is a really cute card. Happy Valentines day to you.... Love the heart shaped and the way it opens. Take care.

Heather said...

Really cute card- I love the idea of a gate folded heart!