Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Joy to the World


Happy Hump Day! Today's card is a little out of the ordinary for xmas...purple is not a typical xmas color but I thought maybe with the gold I could make it look Christmasy. :) And my stamp...I really struggled with coloring it cause of the solid area...if I used red ink...the whole Santa would have been in red...didn't really want that so I thought what about just leaving it black and white? So that is what I did and added some Diamond Stickles to Santa's suit to give the card some bling and a Stardust GellyRoll gold glitter pen was used on the stars to brighten them up. I used a Martha S punch on my center layer and stamped the snowflakes using a Studio g stamp I had purchased from JoAnn Fabrics last winter. Of course, you know me...I HAD to add some embossing...I used the Sizzix Dots embossing folder. This was a fun card to make and I may have gotten carried away on my layers but I do like how it turned out. Well off to clean my house for Thanksgiving! Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving...I know I am very thankful for my blogging friends...bless you for stopping by!

Hugs!!!
Vicki



4 comments:

Stef H said...

what a super idea - leaving him black. this is fabulous!

hugs,

cheryl said...

this is just fab hun love it hugs cheryl xxxxx

Holly Young said...

Very cute Vicki! Love the sparkle and embossing! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Vicki, your card is sooo very sweet hun!! Love that image! :) Wanted to stop in and wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving to you and your family!! Have fun and be safe my friend!! BIG HUGS