Blogger Backgrounds

Monday, November 2, 2009

Ho Ho Ho




OMG!!!! Have you been to Squigglefly lately???? If not, I suggest you RUN over there to see all the new images released on Saturday nignt. Kudos to the artists. The card above was made from "Jolly Old St Nick", one of the new images. How cute is that? I created this card for Stef's color challenge...rules were to use red, white, and blue. First thing that came to mind for me was something patriotic...but I was not really wanting to go there...so the paper I found to use was perfect for this image! The paper pack was from K&Company... 12x12 double sided Brenda Walton Specialty Paper. Because I wanted to use both sides of the paper, I decided to do a gatefold card. I created my sentiment around the image in Photoshop...I was really pleased with the way it turned out...I actually went ahead and colored the jolly old guy in photoshop too while I was in there. The image was matted using standard and scalloped circle Nestabilities and then I used Frost Stickles on his beard and Crystal Stickle on his hat and coat.
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today...I will be by to  visit you all a little later...have the coffee on!
HUGS!

3 comments:

Stef H said...

i love it!!!!

hugs,

Holly Young said...

oh this turned out so cute Vicki! You did a great job on the sentiment. I have that same paper pack and I love the papers in it! Love that sparkle!

Anonymous said...

Oh Vicki, this turned out so sweet!! Great take on those colors and what an adorable Santa!! TFS! HUGS