Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Another Birthday Card




Well it seems like I am stuck on Birthday cards! But here is another one anyway! This card's base was the paper I love so much (Beckett). The outside edges of the card base were scored with the Scor Pal. The blue paper is from Coredinations and it was embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and sanded. I so love this paper too! I then used one of my Martha Stewart punches (Lattice I believe it was called) to edge out the blue card stock. The heart was again cut out using the Beckett paper and embossed with the Birds and Swirls Cuttlebug folder. I used the Scalloped Hearts Nestabilities to cut the heart. I used a watercolor marker that I had in my stash to lightly shade the embossed area of the heart...the ribbon was from my stash too. Thanks for stopping by to visit and I hope your day was as beautiful as mine was! Thanks for stopping by to visit me!

2 comments:

Stef H said...

very, very pretty! love that heart.

hubby is talking about taking a trip to OK to see his dad. it may be the last time we get to see him. he wants to go before the end of this month. will keep you posted.

hugs,

Holly Young said...

Well you can never have too many birthday card Vicki because they keep coming around! I think this one is lovely. Your layout is nicely done, and I love all the embossing!