Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, August 26, 2009


Hello! Happy day...another rainy day here in the Illinois Valley! I heard the thunder rolling this morning about 3 AM. Today's card is another simple card...embossed of course! I just love the look and feel of an embossed card...hmmm....does that sound like an addiction! :) Anyway, I went to Scrapadoodle with my daughter in law a few weeks ago and found this Sizzix folder called Thanks. Oh wow, what an emboss you get with this folder, and YES...they can be used in the Cuttlebug. I made no special sandwich to use the folder...isn't it gorgeous? The circle was a 2 inch punch that I embossed with another smaller folder that came in the same set. I took the circle punch and punched out a piece of the top and bottom of the original circle to give it some character and then inked it with SU Old Olive ink. The paper on the back of the circle is from SU as well as the ribbon. Stampin UP makes some wonderful paper. Well, off to work I go. I hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoyed your stop at my garden of designs.


Hugs,

Vicki

2 comments:

Stef H said...

oh i just love embossing and i love how you did the circle. very creative! not to mention that i love olive greens!

i have a sizzix big kick and ALL the folders work in it.... spellbinders, quickutz, cuttlebug, accu-cut - and the die cuts too! which is why i keep talking myself out of the cricut!!!! UGH!

hugs,

Holly Young said...

Another beautiful card Vicki! I really like how you did the circle!