Blogger Backgrounds

Friday, July 16, 2010

Squigglefly SNEAK Peek!

OHHHH happy Friday! Yipppeee! AND even more to be happy about is that tomorrow is another weekly Squigglefly release! Yep...and what you see above is a new Shy Bear release...is this cool or what! How refreshing is this scene in this sweltering heat! AHHHHH how I wish I was sitting along that beach. SLAP!!! Ok....I am back to reality now...sorry for slipping away there for a few! Once I colored the image with my copic markers, I cut out the area around the palm tree down to the water. I mounted the cut out image on some light blue glittered paper to appear as sky. The border on the edge of the card is the Lotus Border from Nestabilities...one of my purchases when I went to the convention in Collinsville in June. What you see there is half the border...then I colored the cut out flowers from the border and glued them into place and then put an eyelet in the center of each using the Cropodile Big Bite. I really love how it turned out...and maybe I might be enabling a little! Bet you will be running out to get this one on Saturday! Be sure to stop by Squigglefly to check out all the new releases tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by to see me...have a blessed day!

HUGS!
Vicki

4 comments:

Holly Young said...

You've created a lovely card here Vicki! I love the glittered blue paper for the sky and that border die is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

The glittered paper is PERFECT!!! Your card makes me wannt to hang out on the beach!! Blessings and hugs!!

Stef H said...

oh yeah! and a pina colada in my hands too. now if only i can find that bear to serve it to me - lol

hugs:)

Anonymous said...

Hello Vicki!

It's so nice to meet you!

I'm thrilled that you like and use my creative bookmark...there is no better book that it could reside in....

I'm now following your site!
Hope to see you again and again!

Stef is such a funny, and bright character! I love her humour very much! how great is it that you are near to her!

ciao bella
creative carmelina