Blogger Backgrounds

Monday, June 28, 2010

Hello


Hello everyone! Well I am just not a good blogger lately! I am going to try to do better...being a full time employee and juggling life has become a job in itself for me lately! Work is really intense...putting in 10-12 hours daily is starting to wear on me. But I do have a card to share with you today. This card was created using a vellum technique I saw at the stamp convention I went to a few weeks ago. I really like how it turned out although I do need to perfect the technique...this was my first try. I used a heavy weight vellum (48lbs) and a brass stencil to make my image by running it through the cuttlebug. I then colored my image from the back of the vellum, added a little glitter to the front. I edged all the corners of the vellum and all the mats with a Fiskars corner punch and embosser...then used a Fiskars border punch for the edge of the card. Geez it is not a standard size so I will have to make an envelope for it but I will learn as I go. I have had some awesome weekends with the grandkids over the last 2 weekends...just sharing a couple of pics with you:


This is my family...my two sons and their wives and children! Look at all those little ones! Now do you know why I don't have time to play? I spend as much time as I can with the little ones cause I know some day they are not going to want to spend time at Grandma's! Once they get older, they have bigger and better things to do! This is my pride and joy!

Our little princess Ava Sophia turned 2 this last week and we had her birthday party on Sunday...I just had to share this pic of her stooping at my pond and spitting into it!!! She was feeding the fish she told me.

Ok...so now you see what I have really been up to! I promise to be out to visit each of you and to get back into a routine with posting! I hope I haven't bored you! Thanks for letting me share my first love with you...my family!

HUGS!
Vicki

7 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow, I love this technique and will have to try it! Your first attempt looks great! Your grandbabies are super adorable! I love the one of your grandaughter spitting in the fish pond. Too cute!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous! I'll havet to try this out.

Looks like you've been having fun for the summer.

Holly Young said...

The card is gorgeous Vicki and I don't see any perfecting needed! You have a beautiful family, and it looks like ya'll have been having fun

Stef H said...

oh the card is just gorgeous! and so is your family! wow! thanks so much for sharing. wow!

i love the scrolling welcome at the top of your blog. how'd you do that??????

hugs :)

Gina said...

Gorgeous, delicate card Val! And your family look a wonderfully happy bunch(though it looks like you could do with a bigger car haha!)
Love as always Gina x x x

Silver Strands said...

That is really, really neat Vicki! And your family is absolutely darling!
oxox
Denalee

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!! Love that technique!! Your family is precious!! hugs!!